AA member hloberg has released a new game for the Atari 2600 called Parsec 2600. This game is a shooter that was originally released for the TI 99 4/A and which hloberg has adapted to the 2600. The game is freely available for download (link at the bottom of the thread) and is not to be sold.
– At bottom left is max ships left (shows up to 4). start game with 8
– 1st wave has the Swoopers. Keep an eye on the timer on right and clear level before time’s up. At higher levels you must hit the enemies up to 3 times to destroy them.
– Next wave has the Beamer, an enemy that will take shots at you. Keep you eye on the timer on right. At higher levels you must hit the enemies up to 3 times to destroy them.
– Next wave is the Refueling Tunnel. There is no shooting in here. Just make it through to end without hitting the tunnel walls. At higher levels tunnel gets longer.
– Next wave has the backwards Swoopers. They are just like the Swoopers except they come from behind you.
– Next is the Invisible Beamer which does take shots at you. Starting at level 2 the ship goes invisible. At higher levels you must hit the enemies up to 3 times to destroy them.
– The final wave is the Meteor Swarm. There is no shooting here, you just have to avoid the meteors.
If you switch A to pro at beginning you can choose the level and how many ships.
Below is a video of the game in action:
Download available from Atariage